Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Have Been Tagged...

I have been tagged by Alexis…

5 people who top your shit list….. and why:

  1. Hypocrites.
  2. People who don't think twice before hurting others.
  3. People who don't mean what they say.
  4. People who keep cribbing about anything and everything in life.
  5. Bigoted and prejudiced people.

Close brushes with death/danger:

  1. An accident on the Delhi-Jaipur highway, but thankfully none of us was seriously hurt.
  2. Every time I travel by road in Kerala. :-)
  3. Every time I drive. :-)
  4. The time I tried to teach my Mom driving

5 Preferable modes of suicide, in descending order:

The only time I have thought about sucide seriously was when I was going through a particularly painful time in life, but never got as far as thinking about how I would do it. Now that I think about it I don't find any method preferable, but if I had to do it....

  1. Any method which will gaurantee that I will succeed in my attempt. Would not like to fail in this, that would be too much to bear.
  2. Drowning in the sea...I love the sea. :-)

5 Guilty pleasures:

  1. Chicken Biryani.
  2. Sleeping.
  3. Day dreaming.
  4. Can't put down any good book I am reading until I finish it.
  5. Choclates, Sweets and Ice Creams.

5 things you never want to forget:

  1. My childhood.
  2. My family.
  3. My first love.
  4. My friends.
  5. My school and college days.

5 things you wish to forget:

  1. My first love.
  2. My Grandmother's death.
  3. Bad times.
  4. Bad people.
  5. Painful memories. (Bad times is different from painful memories. Bad times are those which were real i.e. something which actually happened while memories may not always be real).

5 really exotic dishes you have tried:

Now this is difficult because everytime I eat out the only thing that I prefer to eat is Chicken Biryani. :-) So instead of exotic dishes I'll name the dishes I like...
  1. Chicken Biryani.
  2. Kappa and fish curry (not the fish, only the curry)
  3. Prawn curry.
  4. Everything that my grandmother used to cook.
  5. Aaloo parantha that my mom makes.

5 crushes/loves in your life… in chronological order

  1. Tarun Dhanrajgir (he acted in a serial called 'Trishna' which was an adaptation of Pride and Prejudice)
  2. Shah Rukh Khan
  3. Denzel Washington
  4. Vikram
  5. Abhishek Bachchan

Strangest dream you ever had:

The strangest dream that keeps recurring is that I am trying to drive and my legs don't reach the brake. Try as hard as I can, I just can't seem to reach it. The vechile keeps changing- most of the time its a car, but in my dreams I have even driven a truck. But thankfully, somehow neither me nor anybody else is ever hurt. So now, everytime I get into the car, the first thing I check is whether my leg is reaching the brake or not. :-)

5 most valued personal possessions:

  1. My books
  2. My computer
  3. My mobile phone
  4. My family album and collection of photographs
  5. My school autograph book.

5 favorite superheroes….. and why: (I am assuming superheros to be any fictional heros)

  1. Phantom: The ghost who walks, because he was the first superhero I came across.
  2. Spiderman: Don't really know why, maybe because he seems so vulnerable even though he is a superhero......but have liked him since childhood, when I used to see the Spiderman cartoon on TV every Sunday evening.
  3. Arnold Swarchenegger inTerminator 2: For being a machine that was much better than many humans.
  4. Howard Roark from The Fountainhead: For standing up for his ideals like a rock and being true to his values, his convictions, his beliefs and himself.
  5. Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind: For being the dashing rebelious hero.
I am hereby declaring this an open tag. Anybody who visits this blog and who is willing to take up this tag, can do so.

15 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jackal said...

wow yet another one......anyway....accha hai nice to know those lil things .......hey i am real sorry but there is one more tag waiting at my site for u :(( tccccc bye

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger arvindh said...

That actually made interesting reading. I am saying this because I am not into tags (Everyone out there: "Please do not tag me, I will not be able to respond - for the simple reason that I am an absolute lazy bum").

I am sorry that you had to go through painful experiences. I am however positive that with your optimism and good cheer you will face anything in life. I have always admired you for your courage and strength.

Shocked to know about the accident - will write a personal mail to you shortly.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Suji said...

@Yatin - Thanks. :)

@Alexis - First of all thanks a lot for tagging me. I was a little skeptical about it when I got tagged, but thoroughly enjoyed doing it and had a lot of fun.

Yes, me an Ayn Rand fan...have read all her books, but nothing compares to 'The Fountaihead'.

And I assure you I don't smoke pot before I go to bed, so still confused why I have that dream :D

@Jackal - Arrrrrrrrrrrgggghhh....not two tags in the same week. LOL. Anyway will try to respond as soon as i can.

@Arvindh - I am tempted to tag you now.....hehehe. I can be very wicked at times. Just kidding...but thanks for ur kind words. Don't know if I really deserve them. And don't worry about the accident...that was around 5 years ago.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Varenya said...

I hope in your schools days you include the ones at RKP too!!!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Scoot said...

Hypocrites seem to be topping everyone's shit list and why wouldn't they,right?
these people who top our shit list just won't improve so all we can do is try to completely block them else use our headphones when they are around us:)

close brushes reveal that kerala roads are not meant for driving

Spiderman is on my list too

i had a good time reading this

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Cosmic Voices said...

Howard Roark? i thought...... john galt and anaconia (for his charmimg idealism)were more appealing

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

urg....

I am already...jealous...
chicken----- any thing i like it.

If you want any more methods of Sucide feel free to ask me!
I have thought of many...

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Suji said...

@ Varenya - I have had a good time in RKP, but it can never be 'My School'.

@ Maya - Thanks for visiting. I loved going thru ur list too.

@ VoE - Thanks for dropping by. I liked John Galt and Anconia too. But somehow they seemed unreal to me.

@ Nazir - Me like chicken too. But with the bird flu am not allowed to eat it these days :).

Life is too beautiful to be ended by us. Even when its not beautiful as it sometimes tends to be, I am too curious to know what happens next, to end it. And who knows whether we would get another one ever again.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Mind Curry said...

so with bird flu seemingly round the corner have you shifted to mutton or egg? :)
nice post..

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger srijithunni said...

Hi Suji,

True, Roads in kerala, are strange and driving on them is like going for a rickety roller coaster ride in an old country fair. but if every time, you drive you`re gonna have a close brush with death, then you might as well stop driving.. ;-)))

I too like chicken biriyani..

About your grandmother`s death, I`m sorry, but you needn`t necessarily forget it. Death is real, so face up to it. Could you please read this post of mine.. http://srijithunni.blogspot.com/2006/04/final-adieu.html

Nice post, and a pretty little blog.

Regards,
Srijith.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

hey suji,
Lovd the post!
*Chocolates, Sweets and Ice Creams*
Thats my guilty pleasure too!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Suneesh TP said...

Nice read!

Please let the Chicken live sometimes :-)

Btw, nice profile photo.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Rupesh Talaskar said...

interesting .....

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey suzi,very good list,and most of it resembles with my list.i am very happy to know that in this big world there is someone soooooooo like me.love

robin
india

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Harry Hayer. I just want to say that nvr love in life coz it may b the reason of your sucide.first c will try to say i love u u r my my everything the in the last when c get bored frm u c will say jo b maine kiya vo sab juth tha i don't want ki muje tumhari adat pade.so plz frnds just make girls out frm ur life they r just for time pass nothing else.tkcr bye i will try to forget her if this is possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home