Saturday, April 20, 2013

Clam at Sea


 
I just love the sea. Three recent visits to the sea have been exhilarating. First one to Mangalore, where I floated on a rubber tube in the sea at sunset. That was, and I suppose will remain the most amazing sunset I have ever seen. It was a magical experience, with nothing but the sea around me, no distractions, no worldly worries, no fear. And the further I floated away from the shore, the more calm I felt. And considering that I do not know how to swim, that was something. :)

The second was when we went camping to Kashid. Our tent was set up on an isolated cliff right at the edge of the sea. At night you could hear the waves lapping around you like a gentle lullaby. The full moon shone and made the place look like some surreal dreamland. The kind of serenity that I felt, looking down at the waves and at the moon when I woke up in the middle of the night was truly out of this world.

The third experience was on the same trip, but on a sailboat. It was my first time on a sailboat and the way that the boatmen used the sea and the wind to take us to our destination was such an exciting experience. I watched enchanted, the unfurling and furling of the sails at the beginning and at the end of the journey. The swaying of the boat as it navigated the sea though a little scary was enjoyable. I guess, I must have been a sailor in some previous birth, if there is some such thing as rebirth.

"At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much."    ~Robin Lee Graham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home