Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Republic Day


Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow
domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the
dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought
and action--
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

~Rabindranath Tagore

5 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Pooja said...

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY TO YOU TOO SUJI.
If yo uwish you can be a aprt of celebration by sending this to theme on my blog.
the picture is really nice too.
thanks.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger starry said...

Love that poem by Tagore.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

:)
Not really hard pressed for time. but my I have started writing for Nowruuning.com! So its only fair that I dont publish the entire review on my blog, na???

:)

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

So how have u been , pal?
And whats up at ur end?
:)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Ekta said...

aah...its been so long since i heard/read that poem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home